Tuesday, July 14, 2015

CT 7.13.15, Day 11

Days on the trail: 9
Days total: 11
Miles today: 1.6
Miles from Denver: 118.8
Approximate elevation gain: negligible, possibly negative
Location: Copper Mountain

We took forever this morning to get around to the trail. We left the hotel at 11, went to Safeway to pick up some tortillas, and hit the bus back to Copper by 1130. Around 1230, we started our hike.

I was in a bad mood. Well, not so much a bad mood as I just didn't have my heart in the hike. My foot still hurt, but more than that, I was just completely unmotivated to hike. We started out and I became frustrated with the trail. It went up, then down, then down some more, and then followed the base of Copper Mountain. We were basically in the golf course at times, and after 1.6 miles, the trail went right into the Copper Mountain Village. David offered up lunch at a hot dog place. $4 for a corn dog? Meh, ok. Although he could tell I was struggling with motivation without even opening my mouth, we discussed our day and thoughts. We decided it would be an easy day, maybe 6 miles tops. The goal was not to be miserable, uncomfortable or in pain. I felt that as long as I got this day over with, I would be fine. Its always hard to get back on the trail after a zero day.

After lunch, we started hiking again. We made it from the village to the start of the trail, maybe 1/8th of a mile.


No comments:

Post a Comment